Assisted Living at Longview
Assisted Living suites are located on the top floor of Longview. There are 60 suites, each with a furnished living area including a small refrigerator, sink and a private bathroom with a walk-in shower. Assisted Living suites have three emergency response pull-cords: one in the living area near the bed and two in the bathroom. Resident Aides (RAs) trained in first aid and CPR are on staff 24-hours a day, seven days a week, to respond to resident emergencies, supervise medications, and assist with showers, whirlpool baths and laundry. A Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is on duty and on-site at the residence 40 hours per week. In addition, a Registered Nurse is on-call and available for consultation seven days a week, 24 hours a day. A Registered Dietician and social worker are available during business hours for evaluation, admission and discharge information, case management, counseling and assistance with problem solving.
Recreational activities are scheduled daily. Residents have the use of the library, greenhouse, craft room, auditorium and chapel as well as the pool and exercise room (under supervision).
Assisted Living residents must be essentially independent with activities of daily life. This means that a resident needs to be able to feed, toilet, ambulate, transfer and dress him or herself. Resident Aides assist with showers twice a week and a whirlpool bath once a week if desired. Residents may use assistive devices or equipment (such as walkers and/or wheelchairs) as needed to maintain their independence.
Three meals in our beautiful dining room are provided daily, along with snacks. Resident Aides will remind residents when it is time to eat, but the residents need to be able to get to the dining room on their own. An RA is present while residents are dining to provide minimal assistance and to respond in an emergency.
2017 Assisted Living rates
Level A1 Level A2
Standard SSI $1,227 $1,227
Standard $3,524 $3,885
Large Single $3,920 $4,281
Large Double $6,920 $7,085
Large Double SSI $2,454 $2,454
The Following Items Are Needed for Admission:
- Tour and interview with case manager
- Assessment by nurse
- Completed application with documentation (bank statements)
- Completed and signed W-9 for depositing the security deposit in a bank account
- Copy of Health Care Proxy (required)
- Copy of DNR (optional)
- Copy of Power of Attorney (optional/recommended)
- Living Will (optional)
- Completed medical form signed by physician, based on exam with 30 days of admission, including test for TB (give to nurse at least 2 days prior to admission)
- Prescriptions from doctor at least two days prior to admission
- Check, made payable to Longview, for $600 processing fee to hold room
- Check, made payable to Longview, for security deposit equal to the monthly fee and a separate check for pro-rated monthly fee
- Copies of insurance cards
To speak with a Case Manager about Assisted Living at Longview, click here.
Click on the picture below for floor plans and measurements.
Longview, An Ithacare Community
1 Bella Vista Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850